The YCN/New Now Student Awards programme exists to stimulate and elevate emerging creative talent. Launched in 2001, the programme is based on a collection of live creative briefs contributed each year by partnering organisations. Work submitted in response to the briefs is judged by the partners who wrote them, before commendations are awarded to the originators of the most outstanding entries. The programme culminates with an exhibition and awards event, offering of industry opportunities and the publication of a commemorative annual.
The programme is open to student and recent graduates of any age and from any institution globally, studying either full or part time. Additionally, anyone aged 18-24 on the 28th March 2019 is eligible to enter, on the condition that they are not in a paid creative role within a creative agency or creative department of a broader organisation (e.g. internal creative team at a client company). Any questions regarding eligibility can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is no cost to enter work;
- You can enter individually or as a team of up to four people;
- Everyone in the team must fulfil the eligibility criteria above;
- Entries must be submitted via our digital uploader, which will be live from the end of January 2019 on the New Now website;
- You can submit work in response to as many briefs as you wish;
- Entries must be the original work of the entrants and not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- Should you incorporate any images or other creative material belonging to someone else you must make this clear within your entry form at the point of submission;
- Any physical elements to support your core digital submissions should be posted to YCN, 72 Rivington Street, London EC2A 3AY.
The programme launched with a call for entries the week commencing 5th November 2018.
The deadline for entries is 5pm (GMT) on 28th March 2019.
Commendations will be published in June 2019.
Any physical elements submitted will be available for collection from June 2019.
Our annual exhibition and awards ceremony will take place in September 2019.
Uploading work, entry form and item labels
All entries must be submitted digitally, with any supporting physical elements posted separately. Our digital uploaded will be live from the end of January 2019 on the New Now website.
Item labels will be available to print off and attach to any physical elements that support a digitally uploaded core entry.
At the point of submitting work you will be required to share:
- The full names of all entrants;
- The full names of all relevant tutors;
- Details of where you study if relevant.
Partners may have made their logos and other brand elements available for you to use within your response to their brief.
These should only be used for the purpose of this programme, and within the guidelines set out in each instance—and not for any other purpose.
Entrants grant YCN and the relevant brief partner a non-exclusive license to reproduce or distribute a copy of their entry for the purpose of promoting the programme or their participation within it.
Should a partner be interested in discussing broader use of any entry in a fuller context; YCN will facilitate conversation to ensure the best outcome for all parties, organising guidance on developing work, IP and assignment where needed.
Please email any questions to email@example.com