Our Summer School programme exists to stimulate and elevate emerging creative talent. Launched in July 2020, the programme is based on a collection of four creative briefs contributed by partnering organisations. Work submitted in response to the briefs is judged by the partners who wrote them, before outstanding entries are selected and published. This Summer programme complements YCN's annual programme, which has run alongside our creative education network since 2001, and which will return with a full set of briefs as always in October 2020.
The Summer School programme is open to students and recent graduates of any age and from any institution globally, studying either full or part time. Additionally, anyone aged 18-24 on the 4th September 2020 is eligible to enter, on the condition that they are not in a paid creative role within a creative agency or creative department of a broader organisation (e.g. internal creative team at a client company). Any questions regarding eligibility can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is no cost to enter work.
- You can enter individually or as a team of up to four people.
- Everyone in the team must fulfil the eligibility criteria above.
- Entries must be submitted via our digital uploader, which will be live from August 2020.
- You can submit work in response to as many briefs as you wish.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrants and not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Should you incorporate any images or other creative material belonging to someone else you must make this clear within your entry form at the point of submission.
- All entries must be made digitally.
The programme launched with a call for entries the week commencing July 20th 2020.
The deadline for entries is 5pm (GMT) on the 11th September.
Commendations will be published in June 2020.
All entries must be submitted digitally, with any supporting physical elements photographed, or otherwise recorded and included within the digital submission.
At the point of submitting work you will be required to share:
- The full names of all entrants;
- The full names of all relevant tutors;
- Details of where you study if relevant.
Partners may have made their logos and other brand elements available for you to use within your response to their brief.
These should only be used for the purpose of this programme, and within the guidelines set out in each instance — and not for any other purpose.
Entrants grant YCN and the relevant brief partner a non-exclusive license to reproduce or distribute a copy of their entry for the purpose of promoting the programme or their participation within it.
Should a partner be interested in discussing broader use of any entry in a fuller context; YCN will facilitate conversation to ensure the best outcome for all parties, organising guidance on developing work, IP and assignment where needed.
Please email any questions to email@example.com.